Wednesday 15 August 2018

DANCING WITH BRENDA AND CANOEING WITH SUPERMAN

Brenda and I travelled to Woldingham in Surrey for a wonderful four days of circle dance, song and laughter.


 Cath, Brenda and Ruth - colourful characters all

Our centre for the weekend


I took the train up to Rugby to spend time with three generations of family.  My cousins and I were in the 'elders' category.


My cousin David and me paddling down the canal in the canoe he built himself.  I paddled the first half, then swapped over and did the second leg by car.  I was glad to miss the unexpected lock where they had to get the canoes out of the water and carry them round.

We had a convoy of two canoes.  Towards the end of the canal there were lots of narrow boats moored.  A well located canal-side pub provided us with a lovely spot for our dinner. 

We had fun playing dress-ups.  Ewan (alias Superman) made me a special mask which gave me superpowers (although it felt a little like a scold's bridle).  Then we did some circle dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment