Monday 27 November 2017

Back in the land down under

I got back to Perth early October, thinking I was coming back for a rest.  How wrong could I be.  It was great to catch up with friends and to start sharing some dances with our Rosalie Circle Dance group.   We had a dance weekend away in the bush soon after I got back.  
I visited the people who bought my property at the end of last year and was delighted to see how well they are doing and how happy they are with their new lifestyle.   
I had a short house-sit too and have also been staying with friends. 



It was good to have a walk along a beautiful Aussie beach again.



I picked up my new van and started kitting it out ready for travelling.   There are solar panels on the roof, so I can camp off-grid and still have fridge and lights.  The circle dance logo on the side of the van is a little difficult to make out.  But the Happy Wanderer logo on the front has come out really well, thanks to good friends who worked on the design for me.


 




I had 10 days south of Perth in November, camping out in the van and also attending a small folk festival.  It was a great test run, learning how everything works and ironing out any minor teething troubles.  So now I am ready for my big road trip to Tasmania.  I'm heading over there for December and January.







Scarecrow Aussie style.  Once a jolly swagman....















Dancing with emus

Back in the Aussie bush



Reflections.  Dwellingup. Western Australia.


May Gibbs wattle babies.  A great artist and author of childrens' books, born in 1877.
 Wellington Dam, Collie.  Beautiful spot for camping.



View from the Sika Walk Trail near Wellington Dam.  9.5km circular track.  t took about 3.5 hours to walk.









No comments:

Post a Comment