Sunday 26 March 2017

Escape to the Country

I was very pleased to leave the grey of the city behind on Friday and head northwards.  Although I must say I found the young people in London extremely willing to carry my case up stairs at underground stations.  Willing helpers stepped forward on many occasions, which was an unexpected delight.
Another interesting point about UK youth is that (thanks to Jamie Oliver's good work) the young people are getting healthier.  School lunches are now healthy, and children are not allowed to take junk food such as chips to school. Progress indeed.

As the train travelled northwards towards Coventry the grey skies cleared.  It was wonderful to see some sunshine again, and lambs in green fields.

The primroses are floweringCoventry Cathedral. The old part that was bombed in WW2 and the rebuilt cathedral adjoining

Road name in the village where I'm staying
Petty thatched cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment